Heading out in a city you don’t know can be the worst. Que getting appallingly drunk in a Yates’ bar and finding yourself looking at your mates in despair as your local reprobates attempt a pole dance up your freshly shaved legs. No thanks!
Thankfully I have the wrinkles and the questionable memories to guarantee a good night out in Leeds.
– Start at Social Bar as a meeting point. Keep it to one drink
– Bob down to Belgrave – grab a pizza and a drink. If it’s summer head to the terrace upstairs, if it’s not, stay on the ground floor. Stay for two or three.
– After Belgrave, its North Bar time. Bob in the photo booth and enjoy a crafty IPA
– Then it’s Brotherhood time. Stay for two
– Wrap it up in Manhatta. Jobs a gooden.
– Head to to Belgrave – again line your stomach with a pizza slice of two.
– After a couple head to Headrow House. Have one downstairs then head upstairs for a couple.
– Grab an Uber (approx. £3) and go to Call Lane.
– First stop on Call Lane – Neon Cactus for one.
– Second stop Oporto for two and a cheeky Jäger.
– Stop three Call Lane Social – drink gin and avoid the straying hands in here.
– Finish your night in Jakes, where you can dance until the light come on at around 3/4am.
A day session in Leeds is way too much fun to pass up. Park in the outskirts near the Armory or for cheap day / weekend / overnight parking The Tetley or any on street parking around there is pretty good.
– Start in 212 bar for one
– Head to Lamb and Flag
– Then onto Calls Landing
– Followed by Aire Bar
– Head up to Call Lane and bob into Courtyard or Revs
– Then you bob up to the top end of town. If you go North West you can enjoy Bierkeller, Nation of Shopkeepers, Top Revs and the Electric Press bars.
– If you head North East (head North East), you can revel in outdoor drinking on the best rooftops in town – aka Headrow House and Belgrave.
This is by no means an extensive guide – but hopefully it give you an insight into your options for a great Leeds night out. Thank me later!