Frugal and impatient, I wanted to make my mark in a cost effective, yet classic way – here are my top ten hacks to nailing your home interior…
1. Decoupage. If you’ve got a terrible cabinet or similar and you’re looking to do it up. Decoupage is great. Just get some paper images – printed pictures or wallpaper, cut them out, arrange them, glue them in place and then varnish them!
2. Painted furniture. This is a total winner for me. Take a piece of furniture, sand it, put on a base coat and then pain two to three times.
3. Pallet wood. Often free, pallet wood can make pretty much anything look rustic. I painted this ikea table and these chest of draws and the just drilled pallet wood onto it. I finished the draws off with handles.
4. Jars. Save your jars – be it marmalade, glass bottles etc. They make the best trinket and candle holders.
10. Art. Create some, make some, buy some, print some. Whatever you do get some. And make it a central feature to your decor. Frame it and then hang it up. Simples.